Winter Barn Wood Sign: Frosty

Blue and silver Christmas ornaments.

The wood sign I finished most recently is "Frosty". Perfect for the upcoming winter season! (A tutorial for making this type of sign is available HERE.)

It's easy to add holiday cheer with a hand made sign.

I used barn wood for the sign. The base color is Aubusson blue chalk paint. For the staging props, I used a few items that I bought from a thrift store.

This is the "frosty" sign that I made along with some items I bought at a thrift store for photo props.


Instead of attaching embellishments to this sign, I added some simple snowflakes to the background. I used a stencil brush to pounce the snowflakes onto the board with a varied pattern.

Use a stencil brush to add some simple snowflakes to the background.


I added some photo effects for some drama in the photo below. I like the contrast between the light and shadows.

Winter frosty sign made from barn wood.

To further focus on my subject, I changed the background to black & white and then added a frost effect.
I used a black and white background effect to allow the sign to become the focal point.

And just for fun, I added a snow effect.

Snow effect added to the staging of my winter barn wood sign.

STAGING:

I used the same staging that was used in my last post except for switching out a couple of the props here and there. The white Christmas tree was a $1 thrift store find. It was originally a brass color.

It's so easy to update thrift store decor with paint.

I painted it white to coordinate with my vignette.

Thrift store brass Christmas tree painted white.

The blue and silver ornaments were also thrift store finds.

I love the sparkly blue and silver ornaments.

And yet another thrift store find that I used in my vignette. I like the rustic and cozy feel of the natural basket and greenery.

The natural wood basket and greenery give a rustic and cozy feel.

Thank you so much for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe today.

It's easy to give dated home decor items from the thrift store a classic finish.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts