Oval Coffee Table Makeover

Centerpiece of peonies and hydrangeas on coffee table.

This coffee table was dark and dingy and was just begging for a makeover. The worker at the thrift store told me no one wanted to buy it.

This dark and dingy thrift store coffee table is just begging for a makeover.

Maybe no one wanted it because of all the dirt?

This table has seen better days. But it hasn't seen a good cleaning in a long time!

Let's look a little closer . . .

Sometimes thrift store furniture can be scary.

First I used a damp paper towel to get most of the spider webs out. Then I used a shop vac to clear out any residue. Next I gave every surface a good scrubbing with Mr. Clean.

Don't let a little dirt scare you away. Most thrift store furniture can be cleaned.

The good news is there is sometimes a treasure underneath all the dirt.

Sometimes there's a treasure underneath all the dirt.

I painted the table with Old White chalk paint. I think it looks so much more elegant now.

I painted the table with Old White chalk paint.

There's not too many different angles to take pictures of with an oval coffee table. But the following photos provide a few close up shots of the painted finish.

Side view of oval coffee table painted in Old White chalk paint.

Before I sealed the paint I moved it to another room and chipped the edge a little on a door frame. I haven't decided whether I will touch up the spot or leave it as-is. I plan to price it to sell, so I need to decide if it's worth putting any more effort into or not.

Side of coffee table.

The coffee table is decorated with reeded trim which is painted in Old White.

White is difficult to capture in a photograph, so I let a bit of the centerpiece peek through the photo frame in the close up photos of the table top.

Painted finish in Old White chalk paint.

Painted white table top.

The centerpiece is a metal container from a thrift store which I painted using leftover paint. I filled the container with hydrangeas and peonies.

Thrift store items used to create a centerpiece.

Thank you for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe today.

Before and after thrift store coffee table painted in Old White chalk paint.


Thrift store coffee table updated with Old White chalk paint.

Coffee table thrift store transformation.

Comments

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts