Inspiration Found!



My first board on Hometalk!
You just never know what dusty, old, broken piece of furniture you will find when shopping thrift stores or yard sales. Most people will pass it by, but I find that if continue to feed my brain with beautiful images and colors, I will train myself to see the treasure beyond the dust and dirt.

I'm always looking for furniture inspiration, and recently came across a new-to-me website, Hometalk.com, that offers an abundance of inspiration.  Hometalk has a large community of like-minded people sharing home and garden projects and tips. 

I was recently invited by one of Hometalk's Community Managers to curate a board of Upcycled Vintage Furniture which I am sharing with you today. You can click on the photo collage above to view my board on Hometalk. But I am also including a few of my favorites in this blog post.

Vintage Sewing Cabinet


I see a lot of vintage sewing cabinets on furniture hunts. This is one of those items that most people pass by. But "Shabby and Sew Much Mor" found a vintage sewing cabinet and transformed it into an outdoor planter. It is so bright and cheerful!


planter repurpose sewing cabinet vintage, container gardening, flowers, gardening, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
by Shabby and Sew Much Mor

Color Schemes


Paint makes for a dramatic transformation of furniture and the choice of color impacts the statement of the finished piece. For instance, here are two similar vanities by Lisa @ {creatinspire} with completely different color schemes. One has subtle and soothing color tones; the other is bold and beautiful. Both are stunning!

painted furniture vanity redo behr benjamin moore, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
By Lisa @ {createinspire}
Subtle and soothing. Oh the details!
vintage vanity in black, painted furniture, After
By Lisa @ {createinspire}
Bold and beautiful!

Think Outside the Box


Or what if you find a dresser with missing drawers? I see these all the time and usually pass them up. But "CraftyScrappyHappy" added vintage knobs and hooks to drawer fronts and turned them into charming coat hangers! I won't let missing drawers stop me again.

check out this coat hanger i made out of old cabinet doors, repurposing upcycling, this is the final product I love the color and the use of vintage door knobs as hooks
by CraftyScrappyHappy



Try Something New


Typically I stick with light to medium distressing on my furniture re-do's. But adding heavy distressing adds a whole new flavor. "Sweet Pickins" transformed this gorgeous buffet into a statement piece. I need to be brave and try this method, too!


antique pink buffet w sweet pickins milk paint, painted furniture
by SweetPickins

Check out My Board!



Be sure to visit my furniture board on Hometalk to see the other gorgeous transformations I found! Why not create your own board and start a collection of inspiration for yourself?


Check it out!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts