Stripey Crochet Sampler Blanket

My answer to the pandemic blues is to fight back with bright cheerful colors.


The yarn shortages during the pandemic didn't make the headlines, but for crafters the struggle was real. I write that somewhat flippantly, but please know that I don't take the very real hardships of the pandemic lightly. It has certainly hit everyone hard in one way or another. My "therapy" was to introduce some bright colors in my life and home. (Link to FREE pattern at the end of the article!)

My therapy was to introduce bright colors into my life and home.

I was suffering from the "pandemic blues", so I fought back with bright beautiful colors!

To fight back against the pandemic blues, I chose bright and cheerful colors.

I wasn't able to find the exact colors that I had initially envisioned for my project, but I snatched up what I could and am pleased with the final results.

Let your imagination soar with a variety of bright colors.

I used about 12 different colors in total. Alternating the colors creates a unique blend of contrasts.

I used about 12 different colors in total. Alternating the colors creates a unique blend of contrasts.

Happy, happy, happy colors! I just can't say that enough. It was lovely to get lost in day dreaming while working on the pattern and choosing the combinations of colors. The various stitch patterns throughout create even more fun to the overall design. I took a variety of close up photos to try to give a sense of the different colors and stitches used throughout the pattern. 

Happy, happy, happy colors! It was lovely to get lost in day dreaming while working on the pattern and choosing combinations of colors.

I think the "mood" of each color changes depending on the other colors it is placed next to. For instance, note the bright blue towards the background in the photo below. It is surrounded by the bright orange, pink, and yellow.

A variety of stitch patterns create even more fun to the overall design.

The same bright blue is shown below surrounded by a light pink and yellow.

The mood of each color changes depending on the color it is paired with.

And finally, the same blue surrounded by a muted orange and lighter blue. 

The stripey sampler crochet blanket is a super fun project.

There were so many combinations that it was impossible to capture all the variety. But it was fun to try!

Beautiful crochet sampler blanket.

The yarn I selected is an acrylic wool blend. The wool in the yarn requires a little more maintenance, but it's very warm and soft, too. Perfect for snuggling up on a cold winter's day.

A bright cheerful blanket perfect for snuggling.

Get the FREE pattern:

This is the same pattern that I used for my "Boho Blanket". If you're inspired to make a similar blanket, you can get the free pattern, As We Go Stripey Blanket, by Hannah at Not Your Average Crochet. Even better is that it includes detailed instructions! And the colors are totally customizable based on your individual preference.

Same pattern. Different color scheme. So fun!


Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts