Geometric Crochet Baby Blanket

I crocheted a geometric baby blanket featuring circles and squares in a blue and gray color scheme. I thought the colors looked lovely with the rocking chair that I painted (you can see that article HERE), so I folded it up and used it as a small prop for the photos.

Crochet baby blanket with rocking chair.

The blanket is comprised of granny squares which I later joined together. I enjoy working crocheting granny squares because it is an easy project to take along wherever I go. 

Granny squares crocheted into blanket.

I prefer cotton yarns for baby blankets mainly because they are machine washable (insert cheering from moms here!). The cotton tends to soften over time with use just like a favorite pair of old comfortable denim jeans. It's also lightweight which makes it perfect for all four seasons, and can be layered as needed in the colder winter months. 

Why cotton yarns are perfect for babies.

I joined the squares through the front loops to add a little texture to the blanket. One thing I learned from raising children is that babies are curious about their surroundings. The colors and textures invite baby to quietly explore and contemplate the design. 

The colors and textures invite baby to quietly explore and contemplate the design.

Thanks for taking the time to browse through my little crochet project! I actually have made quite a few projects over the last few months, so there will be more to follow. 

I appreciate you stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe today.

Babies love to explore color and texture.


Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts