Blog Post #319: Boho Blanket

A boho blanket of many colors. DIY crochet. #DIY #crochet #handmade #boho

Today's project is more than a little different from my usual furniture projects. Nevertheless, I am sharing it with you because it was fun and the bright vibrant colors were so cheerful to work with. I hope the colors brighten up your day. (See bottom of post for color list and tips.) I've worked this pattern a number of times. You can see an example of a different color scheme HERE (stripey crochet sampler).

The cheerful colors in the crocheted blanket were fun to work with.

This is a throw size blanket. The actual pattern was larger, but I adjusted the size because I wanted this for snuggling up with a good book in a comfy chair. (link to free pattern below)

The mood of the blanket changes depending on which way it's folded.

Get the FREE pattern:

If you're inspired to make a similar blanket, you can get the free pattern, As We Go Stripey Blanket, by Hannah at Not Your Average Crochet. Even better is that it includes detailed instructions! And the colors are totally customizable based on your individual preference.

The colors and textures are especially captivating for babies and young children.

Fair warning: if you don't like weaving in ends then this isn't the project for you. Every color change has ends to weave in. Personally, I don't mind, and actually find it a fun challenge to hide them. It's relaxing to me and just a part of the overall project.

All the crazy colors somehow work once it's all finished.

I had so much fun with this blanket project that I decided to create a baby blanket with some of the leftover yarn. I bought some extra colors to make it for a baby boy and will share that project with you soon.

Blues, greens, pinks, purples, and yellows. All these colors played well together.

I used a total of nine colors for this blanket.

The dominant colors change depending on how the blanket is folded.

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Thanks so much for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe.

TIPS: I added an additional row of HDC prior to the bobble row to ensure the bobble puffed out on the right side of the blanket. In other words, work the bobble stitches with the wrong side of the blanket facing you and they will "pop" on the right side. For the Catherine Wheel, I had to really loosen my tension in addition to going up a hook size. On another blanket that I made I went up two hook sizes with a relaxed tension and that did the trick for me.

UPDATE: A few readers have requested the colors I used for this project. Below is the list that I ordered from LoveCrafts online:

Stylecraft Special DK

Fondant (1241) x2

Cloud Blue (1019)

Boysenberry (1828)

Cream (1005)

Spring Green (1316)

Grass Green (1821)

Citron (1263)

Clematis (1390)

Turquoise (1068)

Pistachio (1822)




Looking for the perfect crochet project? This is one of my personal favorites! So fun!

Comments

  1. Is the Boho blanket the same as the Stripey blanket? They look different to me! Can only find the pattern for the Stripey blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are both the Stripey blanket pattern just different colors. It's amazing how the colors you use will change the look of the blanket.

      Delete
    2. Can’t anyone just give me the damn pattern? Without all the Gobley goop that goes with it? Just post it or charge me for it but stop teasing me! I have all the books where I can do the different patterns, but I just want a simple pattern so that I can do something while I watch television!

      Delete
    3. There is a link to the free pattern in the third paragraph. I cannot publish the pattern here because I am not the designer. I hope you give the pattern a try and enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. How many ounces per yarn steen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn I used, Stylecraft Special DK, comes in 3.5 ounce skeins, with about 323 yards per skein.

      Delete
  3. Would you share your color chart and row placement? Some of us have no eye for color. Your color placement is incredible and rich looking. It will probably take me a long while to make it, but if it turns out as beautiful as yours, it will have been worth it. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia for your kind words. The colors I used are listed at the bottom of the article. The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK. I didn't keep track of the color order. I chose the colors randomly as I went. If you give it a try please do let me know how it turns out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts