Blog Post 308: Master Bedroom Refresh

I made a couple of quick updates to the master bedroom on my last visit to my condo in North Carolina. As a reminder, below is a photo of what I started with:

Before. Dated decor in the condo we purchased in North Topsail Beach, NC.

On my previous visit, we painted the walls a softer blue, and painted the existing furniture.

We made updates on our last visit but the pink lamps still needed to go.

I'm not happy with the nightstands, so I am currently looking for a better set. But the pink lamps! I wanted to replace them, but new lamps weren't in the budget.

The pink lamps need to go!

So on this trip I brought a couple of wall sconces that I had in my stash. They aren't perfect, but I think they are a huge improvement over the pink lamps. It also frees up space on the nightstands which is helpful for vacation renters. They need space to put their belongings.

Wall scones replaced the old pink lamps.

I didn't mind the old bedspread, but I noticed it was torn, so I bought a replacement reversible quilt. The lighting in the photos doesn't do it justice. It is a neutral tan/beige which works well with the blues in the room.

I chose a reversible quilt in a neutral color scheme.

The set also included matching pillow shams.

Neutral bedding works well with the blue colors in the room.

The bedroom is coming together finally. I plan to change the closet doors to white plantation bi-fold doors and finally find or create a larger piece of artwork over the bed.

Paint and new bedding freshened up the master bedroom.

There is a balcony off both the bedroom and living room that is very spacious and perfect for relaxing. The weather was lovely while we were there and we were able to sleep with the sliding doors open. It was wonderful to feel the ocean breeze and listen to the waves.

The balcony is a perfect spot for relaxing.


My husband designed and built the table in front of the captain chairs on the deck. It's a perfect spot to enjoy morning coffee and doughnuts.

Enjoying a cup of coffee and my favorite doughnuts from The Fractured Prune in North Topsail Beach, NC.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts