Plain Old Dresser Updated with Chalk Paint

This plain dresser was updated with Old White chalk paint.

This dresser offers lots of storage, but the finish was bland and boring.

Before photo of a plain brown chest of drawers.

The drawers were lined with contact paper which I removed. Luckily the drawer liners kept the drawers in good shape.

Existing drawer liners were removed.

There was some residue from stickers on the side of the dresser. I used a razor blade to remove the remaining residue.

I removed the sticker residue on the sides of the dresser with a razor blade.

After:

I just love how a touch of paint can transform a piece of furniture! I painted the entire dresser in Old White for a classic elegant finish.

I painted the entire dresser in Old White for a classic elegant finish.

I sealed the paint with soft clear wax. The wax gives the paint a beautiful soft sheen.

The wax gives the paint a beautiful soft sheen.

The neutral color scheme is suitable for a nursery, yet still sophisticated enough for use by an adult.

The neutral color scheme is suitable for a nursery, yet still sophisticated enough for use by an adult.

I added light distressing to the edges of the dresser.

I added light distressing to the edges of the dresser.

I painted the drawer pulls in Old White, too. I added light distressing to the edges of the drawer pulls to help visually distinguish them from the background of the drawers.

Drawer pulls painted in Old White with light distressing.

I painted the interior of the top drawer in Old White.

Top drawer interior painted in Old White.

I left the interiors of the bottom drawers natural wood for a little contrast.

I left the interiors of the bottom drawers natural wood for a little contrast.

I hope you enjoyed today's furniture makeover!

Peonies in vase on top of dresser.

Before and after photos of dresser painted in Old White Chalk Paint.
Overhead view of peonies on top of dresser.

Comments

  1. Did you sand or strip before you painted??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lightly scuffed the surface with 220-grit sandpaper and wiped it clean before painting.

      Delete
  2. Did you sand or strip before you painted??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts