Crochet Harvest Moon: Part 4

I am just finishing up Part 4 of the Harvest Moon crochet pattern designed by Jen Tyler. I took a few photos of my progress here and there. I like to take pictures of various stages to look back on and remember my journey.  

I did hit a rough patch while finishing up Round 71 where I found a mistake 3 rounds in Round 69. I thought I was so careful double checking my stitch count, but alas it wasn't so. I had to pull out three rounds of work, which doesn't sound too bad, except when the project is at this point there are over 400 stitches per round, so it is labor intensive to re-work!

I had to rip out three rounds to correct a mistake.
I had to rip out three rounds to correct a mistake.

I threw myself a quick pity party and then got back to work.

Re-working crochet after finding an error.
Re-working crochet after finding an error.

I took a trip to New York and left my crochet behind. I considered bringing it with me, but I was visiting my grandson and didn't want anything to distract me from him!

Taking a crochet break to visit my grandson.
Taking a crochet break to visit my grandson.

Time spent with my grandson is priceless, but it's always sad to say goodbye. It's bittersweet being a long-distance grandma! When I got home I brought out my crochet to calm my mind. I snapped a few photos of my blanket while it was folded up. The sun was just rising and I liked the way the colors looked in the morning sun.

Crochet blanket folded.
Crochet blanket folded.

Crochet blanket on chair in morning sunlight.
Crochet blanket on chair in morning sunlight.

Crochet blanket Harvest Moon.
Crochet blanket Harvest Moon.

Later I laid out the blanket to check for overall color balance. I don't have the colors planned out specifically, so taking a step back helps me get a feeling for what colors to use next. 

Checking my work for color balance.
Checking my work for color balance.

At this point I have about 25 more rounds to complete. Each round takes longer to complete as the blanket grows. But I can see the finish line!

Ready to begin the 5th and final section!
Ready to begin the 5th and final section!

I have completed Part 4 of Harvest Moon, sewn in all the ends, and have begun working on the fifth and final part of the pattern! But in the midst of this project I am also working on a labor intensive home improvement project, so that will slow me down a bit. But my next crochet article should be the completed project! Thanks for following along my crochet journey.

EDIT: I finished the blanket! You can see the finished project HERE!

Granny Magic Studio is the fiber art side of The Black Sheep Shoppe
This post was published by
The Black Sheep Shoppe (me) on behalf of Granny Magic Studio (also me).

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts