Come See What's on My Crochet Hook!

Beautiful colors crocheted together for Hunter's Moon.

Sometimes I like a quick and easy crochet project. Othertimes I want something more challenging which will engage my mind and keep my hands occupied. This is one of those times where I needed a challenge, so I have started Harvest Moon by Jen Tyler. Usually I wait to post the finished project, but I've just started and thought you might like to see my progress so far and throughout.

There are two parts to the pattern. The first will create a large square. The second is an extension to create a blanket. I purchased both parts of the pattern on Ravelry.

Next I had to decide on colors. I ended up choosing colors based on the colors I see in my back yard. Once the colors were selected and ordered it was time to wait for delivery. Oh happy day when my shipment of yarn arrives!

My shipment of yarn has arrived!
My shipment of yarn has arrived!

Ah the unboxing! So exciting! (I should note that I am not using the recommended yarn but instead am using a cotton yarn. I am not sure how well it will work out, but I will update you as the project comes together.)

Unboxing the shipment of yarn!
Unboxing the shipment of yarn!

It's always a bit of a surprise, keeping my fingers crossed, that the colors I chose will play nicely together. That is one of the pitfalls of ordering online. I don't have a specific order for the colorway yet, but hope that it will turn out wonderfully.


Skeins of yarn packed for shipment.
Skeins of colorful yarn in packaging.

My main colors are blues, greens, and of course pink (with a touch of yellow)!

Shades of pink and yellow yarn.
Beautiful shades of pink yarn.

I finished the first five rounds very quickly. It slows down a bit as I go. In addition to reading the pattern I am also following along on the designer's video which is very helpful.

The first five crochet rounds are completed.
The first five crochet rounds are completed.

According to other crocheters, Round 16 is a beast! I didn't find it too difficult although it was time consuming. But I took my time and just enjoyed the process. 

Round 16 is time consuming. But it's worth it!
Round 16 is time consuming, but it's worth it.

There are a lot of ends to sew in, but I don't mind that at all (well maybe a little). I keep a vase next to my chair for discarding the yarn scraps. It will be fun to see how quickly it fills up.

I keep a vase handy for collecting yarn scraps.
I keep a vase handy for collecting yarn scraps.

There are more individual flowers after Round 16 (and more ends to sew in). But I love the dimension it brings to the project.

The Harvest Moon pattern has lots of details throughout.
The Harvest Moon pattern has lots of details throughout.

In addition to my crochet project, I am also attempting to get in 10,000 steps a day, so sometimes I am conflicted on whether to go for a walk or sit back and crochet!  I use the crochet as a way to reward myself for exercising. After one week, crocheting as time allowed, I finished up Round 24 which is the end of Part 1 of the block. I've begun working on Part 2 of the block and will share my progress as soon as I have it completed.

I did purchase the extension pattern as well, so stay tuned for even more. I am attempting to keep track of the amount of yarn I use of each color, so I hope to have an accurate list to share with you once the crochet project is completed.

The start of the Harvest Moon crochet pattern.
Working Part 1 of the Harvest Moon crochet pattern.

UPDATE: YOU CAN SEE MY NEXT PROJECT REPORT HERE!
EDIT: I FINISHED THE BLANKET! You can see it HERE!

Granny Magic Studio is the fiber art side of The Black Sheep Shoppe
This post was published by
The Black Sheep Shoppe (me) on behalf of Granny Magic Studio (also me).

Comments

  1. Is there no end tp your talent. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course it's not finished yet, so we'll have to wait and see. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts