Ooh La La! Crochet Blanket!

I fell in love the moment I first saw the d'Historie Naturelle crochet blanket pattern designed by Scheepjes blogger Christina Hadderingh from a Spoonful of Yarn!

d'Historie Naturelle crochet blanket in Minerology.

I knew it would be a challenging project for me. Even more so because I was in the midst of moving and renovating a house. But it is such an amazing project I just had to give it a try. Here is the project after only three rounds.

The first three rounds of d'Historie Naturelle crochet blanket.
The first three rounds of d'Historie Naturelle crochet blanket.

I chose the Minerology kit in Color Crafter yarn. It was a little less expensive than the Stone Washed. It is a lovely yarn, but in hindsight I wish I had tried the Stone Washed. Maybe next time? Still I am very pleased with the kit I chose.

Minerology kit in Color Crafter yarn
Minerology kit in Color Crafter yarn

Not only is the pattern uniquely beautiful, but it also tells a story and represents a journey through a museum in Paris. The first part is the flower garden surrounded by shrubs.

The crochet blanket tells a story of a museum.
The crochet blanket tells a story of a museum.

My life got extremely busy at this point, and this is the last work-in-progress photo that I took. I worked on the project as time permitted and eventually finished it within a few months.

Work in progress shows the first section of the blanket completed.
Work in progress shows the first section of the blanket completed.

Recently it dawned on me that I never took any photos of the finished blanket! I keep the blanket in my workout room. It's in my basement and the room is especially chilly in the winter mornings when I practice meditation and yoga. So it's lovely to have a beautiful blanket to wrap up in during meditation. I quickly warm up after yoga!

Beautiful crochet blanket used during meditation in yoga studio.
Beautiful crochet blanket used during meditation in yoga studio.

Sometimes I can't believe that I actually made the blanket myself. Parts of it were definitely challenging, especially the lace sections. But the video companion was most helpful.

Crocheted d'Historie Naturelle blanket in yoga studio.
Crocheted d'Historie Naturelle blanket in my yoga studio.

What I most enjoyed about the blanket is that it tells a story about the d'Historie museum featured in the book All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. Although it isn't necessary to read, it was fun to read the book alongside working on the crochet project. I purchased my copy on Amazon.

 

After the crochet rounds of shrubs surrounding the flower garden the next section features bees and butterflies!

Crochet featuring bees and butterflies!
Crochet featuring bees and butterflies!

The tiny bee is hard to spot, but you can find it in the center of the photo below. 

Can you spot the tiny crochet bee in the center of the photo?
Can you spot the tiny crochet bee in the center of the photo?

Towards the end of the blanket we crocheted elephants! It was challenging but fun.

The blanket also features crocheted elephants!
The blanket also features crocheted elephants!

Scheepjes describes the pattern as being for "both adventurous beginners as well as experienced crocheters". If you're interested in starting this crochet journey, visit the Scheepjes official page. The pattern was released in 2020 but all the links are still there, including VERY HELPFUL videos for each round of the pattern. The comprehensive videos are by Scheepjes blogger Ester Dijkstra, from It's all in a Nutshell blog.

My finished d'Historie Naturelle blanket in my yoga studio.
My finished d'Historie Naturelle blanket in my yoga studio.

I would love to hear from you if you've also tried this pattern! You can leave a comment here on the blog, or reach me via email TheBlackSheepShoppe@gmail.com.

Granny Magic Studio is the fiber art side of The Black Sheep Shoppe
This post was published by
The Black Sheep Shoppe (me) on behalf of Granny Magic Studio (also me).

Comments

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts