Pretty Furniture on a Small Budget

A little paint can make your ugly thrift store furniture beautiful.

Just because you're on a tight budget doesn't mean you're doomed to live with ugly furniture. The good news is thrift stores are a great resources for finding furniture that will fit almost any budget. Look for pieces that don't need a lot of repairs, grab some paint and a brush, and prepare yourself for a dramatic transformation!

I picked up this side table for just a few bucks. It's perfectly fine as-is, but with a little paint it can be even better.

I picked up this side table for just a few bucks. It's perfectly fine as-is, but with a little paint it can be even better.

I used leftover paint from a previous project. The base color is a mix of Louis Blue and Paris Grey, and the top is Old White.

A little bit of leftover paint transformed this old side table.

The table top is painted Old White chalk paint.

I took one photo of the side table with a chair next to it. This will help give a visual perspective of the size to prospective buyers. Although I include the dimensions with my ads, I still get a lot of questions regarding size, so having something relatively universal in size will give the viewer an immediate sense of the scale and size.

Side table with a chair next to it gives a sense of perspective for the size.

VARIATION OF STAGING:

Below are the first set of photos that I took. I used a basket of blue and silver ornaments for my staging props. I love the color that the ornaments add, but I felt it didn't have enough contrast, so I did a re-shoot with flowers instead (above). But I'm keeping these photos on hand in case I decide to switch up my advertising photos.

Side table with a basket of thrift store ornaments.

I made the star ornaments with scrapbook paper and glitter.

I used a mixture of Louis Blue and Paris Grey for the base color.

I placed one ornament outside the basket. If you look closely you'll notice it is resting at an angle. I'll fill you in on a little secret . . .

Use this easy trick to style your props.

. . . I placed a rubber-band behind the ornament to keep it from tipping over.

Here's a trick to keep your staging props in place.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you so much for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe today!

I will never buy new furniture again. Give me a thrift store find any day!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts