Oval Mirror with Bow

Can of Paris Grey chalk paint and brushes.

I spotted this mirror in a thrift store. It is oval with beveled glass and the frame is adorned with a bow at the top.

Oval mirror before.

To update the finish I chose Paris Grey and Old White. First I taped off the mirror with painters tape.

I used painters tape on the mirror.

I used a flat small flat brush to paint Old White onto the bow on top.

Use a small flat brush to paint decorative trim on furniture.

I continued using a small flat brush to paint the Paris Grey. I taped off a few sections of the Old White to prevent any "oops" spots from occurring.

Use a small flat brush to paint in the second color.

I distressed the edges with 220-grit sandpaper. I sealed the paint with clear wax and and add touches of dark wax here and there.

Painting decorative trim on furniture.

Mirror painted in Old White and Paris Grey.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts