Antique Vanity Painted in Old White

Old white chalk paint on an antique vanity.


Today's project is an antique vanity with tri-fold mirrors. You might recognize it as a previous project that I had painted pink. I never took it to the booth and decided that I didn't care for the pink color on this piece. So I decided to repaint it with a classic finish in Old White.

I didn't stage the vanity itself with photo props and instead left the staging to the background items that are picked up in the mirror's reflection.

Antique vanity painted with Old White chalk paint.




Side drawers flank the vanity's dressing mirror.

Antique drawer knob.

Antique drawer pull.

I wrote a separate article about creating backgrounds for photographs with mirrors which you can read HERE. But for now let me share the straight-on shot of the vanity which gives you a different view of the actual background. I used my louvered doors to cover my french doors and put my pretty pink dresser in front of the drawers. I am wearing my painting apron which I made years ago with from a drop cloth.

Photographer in reflection wearing drop cloth apron.

On top of the dresser in the background is a wire basket with some hydrangeas from my garden along with a pillow that I made.

For the background staging I used hydrangeas from my garden in a wire basket along with a pillow I made.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts