Fun with Photography

First I drink coffee. Then I do things.


I'm still working on furniture and just finished painting a vintage vanity (so pretty!). But I need to make time to take some proper photos of it. In the meantime, I've been working on creating graphics using quotes and blending them with some of my photographs. I've included a few in today's blog post, but there on more on My Letterboard page.

Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it.



The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.

It's fun trying to find just the right photo from my collection to pair with a particular quote. It needs to work visually without a back story, but there usually is a back story to the photos. For example the photo above includes the quote "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it." The photo I chose is actually time-related as the photo was taken in Greenwich, England with my feet straddling the Prime Meridian.

In most cases I try to make the quote pop off of the photograph. In others I decided to make it a little harder to read with the intent of drawing the viewer in for a closer inspection and to take an extra moment to reflect on the words.

A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Dilly dallying

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts