Former Atwater Kent Radio Cabinet


Once upon a time this was an Atwater Kent Radio Highboy Cabinet. But when I found it all that was left was the base. The radio, upper cabinet, and cross support bar were missing. Nevertheless, the remaining base was just so charming I couldn't pass it by.

Before

Despite the missing cross support bar, the table itself was sturdy. However, it had extensive damage and a poor patch job to the sides of the top which most like resulted when the upper cabinet was removed. I decided to do my best to work with the damage and let it remain as part of its story.

Before
Atwater Kent Radio

After

I lightly sanded the top and then painted it with a thin and random coat of Graphite followed by a light wash of Coco.


The base is painted in Aubusson Blue which I then heavily distressed. I sealed the entire piece with a soft clear wax and then applied a dark glaze to further add to the aged look.



I heavily distressed the base.

The existing damage on the side was incorporated into the design.

On it's way to the booth
 Thanks so much for stopping by!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts