Sneak Peek of China Cabinet


The china cabinet I've been working on is just about finished. It's going to be picked up by my client this weekend. It's currently in two different areas of my house waiting to be moved to it's final home, so I couldn't get a photo of it all together. It also has glass shelves but those are wrapped up waiting for moving day. I'll try to get a shot of it together after it is moved.

 
Before
It's a lovely china cabinet given to me by my Aunt. I was back visiting my home town again, but this time I was smart and arrived with a Uhaul truck. Between my aunt, mom, and sister the truck was full for the return trip home. Thanks guys! 

My client is my daughter Sarah who was looking for a cabinet for her dining room. I love it when we can keep things in the family. 

My daughter's personality has a little bit of bling and sparkle, but she keeps her house neat, tidy, and organized. She is an organizing machine. If you're thinking she takes after her mother you couldn't be further from the truth. It is typically chaos at my place.

In any event, I decided to keep the paint technique clean and simple. I chose a two-toned look of Paris Grey on the exterior and Old White for the interior of the top section. I choose new hardware for the bottom section. The center door doesn't open so I decide to use a coordinating knob. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she likes it!
After

After: top view

Top section - before.

Top section - after.

Top section - after. Glass shelves will be added once it arrives to the final destination.



Popular Posts