These Tables are HOT, HOT, HOT!


A hot day for working outdoors! 
Seriously! The temperatures here in southern Ohio have been toasty to say the least. I think the official temperatures were in the upper 90's with heat indexes in the 100's. But it was 102 degrees in the shade on my deck which is where I worked on these tables this past weekend. And that was after the heat of the day! The weather forecast for the rest of this week is for slightly cooler temperatures in the low 80's. Ah sweet relief!

Before

Now that we got the weather chit-chat out of the way, let's talk about these sweet nesting tables. The construction and materials are similar to the coffee table that I recently refinished, which was vintage 1960's, so my best guess is these tables are from the same era. 

The "before" look was very pretty and charming. But I wanted a fresh new look for them. So out came the painting supplies and the transformation started.

After

I decided to go with a shabby chic look with a bit of French flair. I chose a color scheme of Paris Grey and Old White. I added French inspired graphics to the top of each table and gave the graphics a worn look. Next I lightly distressed each table and then hand waxed and buffed them for a beautiful finish. Each table also includes a glass insert that rests on the top which will help protect the finish for years to come.



Front
Back

Side

View from top

Graphic on largest table.

Graphic on medium table.

Graphic on smallest table.

Grouped separately.

One last view!


The tables are versatile and would function beautifully in an entryway, living room, or office. But I think they would work exceptionally well as bedside tables with the largest on one side of the bed and the other two tables on the other side. 

Personal Notes

Today marks day 21 of my goal of walking 10,000 steps per day. I got off to a bit of a shaky start but am happy to report that, with only a couple of exceptions, I have met or exceeded my goals each day. Go me! I started the walking program with the hopes of increasing my energy and to lose a few pounds. 

In addition to tracking my steps each day I am only using two additional measurements to track my progress -- weight and waist circumference. I was excited to lose 4 lbs. the first week, but the 4 lbs came back the next week. That was discouraging; however, it might be partially due to the hot weather. Overall over the course of the 3 weeks I have lost a total of 2 lbs. On a positive note I have lost 2 inches in my waist and my energy levels have increased. I'm going for another 21 days and will work on gradually increasing my steps to 15,000 per day. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog.








Post a Comment

Popular Posts