Yarn Scraps! Granny Squares! Free Pattern!

Are you looking for a crochet project to use up your leftover yarn stash? I had a multitude of leftover scraps that I used to crochet granny squares and then joined them to create a beautiful baby blanket. (Keep reading for a link to the free pattern.)

Crochet a baby blanket with leftover yarn.

Some of the leftover yarns I used were from my project Easy Flower Garden Blanket. Other colors are from various yet-to-be-published projects (stay tuned!). Yarn information is at the bottom of this article.

Soft beautiful colors were crochet together to create a blanket.


FREE PATTERN:

The free pattern I used is from Dada's Place
Primavera Flowers Granny Square Tutorial. The tutorial is well written with lots and lots of photos to help you along the way, so be sure to check it out along with her other wonderful patterns on her blog and shop. Once you finish one flower the rest are so easy to crochet. Granny square projects are perfect for working on here and there as you have the time or while traveling as they don't take up much space. 

Create rows of granny square flowers to make a blanket.

CREATING WITH YARN SCRAPS:

I had enough leftover yarn to create a finished blanket of 5 squares by 6 squares which made an ample size baby blanket. I wasn't sure if I had enough of each color to make the end result look cohesive rather than haphazard, so the color placement evolved as I crocheted. 

I had more of the off-white on hand, so I used that for my background color. I used a very soft pink to join the squares, and then finished it with a bright pink rope border. Overall I am pleased with the color design of the finished project. In the end I think all the colors played nicely with each other!

The colors of the blanket are luscious!

My blanket will be donated to a local women's shelter. So many times a young mother is starting over from scratch, and I hope that whoever gets the blanket will enjoy the pretty colors.

Leftover yarn turned into a beautiful blanket!

YARN INFORMATION:

Aran weight 100% cotton yarn Drops Paris. Oh I love this yarn! It has excellent stitch definition and is a little heavier than some of the other delicate cottons. It's soft to the touch and I think it softens with each wash. It is machine washable, but I prefer to hand wash in a no-rinse lavender scented lanolin. And the color choices are so fun!

For my larger yarn orders I use Wool Warehouse. Their prices are great, although the overseas shipping does add to the cost. I've included an Amazon link for your convenience if you prefer that method. This is a good alternative to avoid the overseas shipping costs, especially on smaller orders, and also avoid potential delivery delays.

Granny Magic Studio is the fiber art side of The Black Sheep Shoppe.
This post was published by The Black Sheep Shoppe (me)
on behalf of Granny Magic Studio (also me).

I love all the beautiful colors in my blanket!

Leftover yarn crocheted into a blanket.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts