Vintage Nightstands Painted in Greek Blue

Greek blue chalk paint by Annie Sloan.

Today's project is a set of vintage nightstands. The inspiration for my color palette is the blue tones from a coastal painting.

I used the colors from the painting as inspiration for the color palette for the nightstands.

I used a base coat of white followed by Greek Blue.

I layered bright colors to create a modern finish on these vintage nightstands.

Next I added low lights of Napoleonic Blue over the Greek Blue. Afterwards I sealed the nightstands with white wax which provided some additional frosty highlights and a little more color dimension.

I added low lights of Napoleonic Blue over the Greek Blue.

AFTER:

I was going to style the nightstands with the painting that I used for my color inspiration, but I didn't want to put another nail in the wall. So instead I used a bright orange vase with large white floral blooms.

Vintage nightstands repurposed from a vanity.

I took some close up photos to show the layered paint technique. But I couldn't help but think the bold staging items were upstaging my furniture!

Greek Blue chalk paint.

Greek Blue layered over Old White.

Low lights of Napoleonic Blue were added over the Greek Blue.

So I took a few photos with only the white floral bloom in the background. The base coat of Old White peeks through the blue tones.
The base coat of Old White peeks through the blue tones.

Sealing the chalk paint with white wax adds a little extra dimension to the colors.


Layered paint effect sealed with white wax.

Thank you so much for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe today. I hope you enjoyed the project.

To style the nightstands I used a bright orange vase and large white floral blooms.

Comments

  1. Could you please provide a link to the paint brand that you are using? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this project I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
      https://www.anniesloan.com/annie-sloan-products/paints/chalk-paint

      Delete

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts