Grandma's Table and Chairs

Old Ochre chalk paint on table.


This table and chair set was passed down to my client from her grandmother. I should say our grandmother since my client is my sister! My sister asked me to paint the set for her.

Before
The table is solid wood with a veneer top. The set includes 4 chairs and 2 leaves which were painted as well.

My sister and brother-in-law were able to help with the project which is good because we only had two days to work on the set while I was in town visiting.  On day one we applied two coats of paint to the table and chairs. On day two we sanded and sealed the set with clear wax.

Best helpers ever!
They're still smiling (sort of).
It was really hot outdoors.
One down three to go.
Me.
Paint drying.

After

The set is painted in Old Ochre. The paint was lightly distressed.

Table and chair set painted with Old Ochre chalk paint.

Old ochre chalk paint was used on this table and chair set.

Table base painted in old ochre chalk paint.

The table top is smooth and the paint lightly distressed.

Chair painted in old ochre chalk paint.

Sandpaper was used to give the painted finish a worn look.

Old Ochre chalk paint used for a neutral painted finish.


Thanks for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe.

Before and after photo of table and chairs painted with old ochre chalk paint.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts