Sunday, July 12, 2015

Nesting Tables - Score!


I've been out hunting for new projects and haven't had much luck lately. Consequently, I've come close to making a few purchases that weren't exactly what I'm looking for. Let me clarify that statement, I've no idea what I'm looking for, but I will know when I find it!


Such was the case when I spotted these nesting tables. They were set apart in the thrift store and weren't actually nesting together. I thought they would fit underneath one another, but I couldn't get that to work. Other people were drifting over to take a look at them. Actually they were trying to nudge me out of the way, but I stood firm and decided to purchase them on the spot. Nothing like a little competition to seal the deal. I decided I would just have to figure out how they work after I brought them home.

My husband took them out of the truck when he got home from work and without a second thought he slid them together. Apparently I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Good thing it's a team effort!

The artwork on top is quite lovely although it's a little worn on the top table. I was having second thoughts about painting these, but my daughter dropped by last night and she said they were "pretty but outdated". So I decided to rely on the younger generation and will move forward with painting. I'm waiting for a few supplies and hope to get started on these next week.


Post a Comment