Antique Rocking Chair with a Modern Flair (SOLD)

This is a timeless furniture piece that will last for generations.
This antique rocking chair will make one lucky little girl very happy. The craftsmanship and design are timeless and will last for generations to come. 



Before
After
The chair is circa 1930's (give or take a decade). It has a beautiful design with elegant lines and is made of solid wood. 

I knew I would reupholster the seat. What I didn't know is that there were three layers to remove! Trust me when I say it was a lot of staples and upholstery tacks to remove. But in the end it was definitely worth the effort. The seat was reupholstered with all new materials including the seat pad, batting, and fabric. 


1st layer in background (black). 2nd layer 1950s or 60s?

3rd layer. The fabric was obviously dirty, but it was so old it would fall apart when touched.

I considered leaving the original finish. It looked OK, but I decided it needed paint to freshen it up.
The wood frame was professionally painted in ASCP Pure White and was lightly distressed to accentuate the details. The entire wood frame was hand waxed for durability and a smooth finish.


After

Back view

Legs

Chair back

Close up

Close up. I love the subtle carving in the wood.

Close up of fabric.

It measures 27.5 length x 31 height x 17 width. It is available for sale at The Lebanon Peddler's Mall, ROW 5, BOOTH #139. 



Post a Comment

Popular Posts