Creating a Backdrop for my Booth

Cleaning before painting.

I found these louvered doors recently at the ReStore for a few bucks and thought they would make a good foundation for the backdrop on one of the three walls at the booth that I have to work with.

A pair of louvered doors from the ReStore.



Before image of louvered doors from the ReStore.

But first the doors needed to be cleaned. I'm fairly certain no one reading this needs a photo of me cleaning the doors. However, I must point out this is an extremely rare photograph of me with manicured nails, ha ha!

Rare photograph of me with manicured nails, lol.

Back to the project at hand . . . I choose French Linen for a warm neutral color for the backdrop. For more versatility I decided to paint the other side in a mixture of Louis Blue and Paris Grey.

French Linen paint.

The louvers on the doors are fixed so I used the tip of my angled brush to paint the frame where it meets the wood louvered slats. I used the flat side of the brush to paint the front of the slats.

How to paint louvered doors.

I painted the perimeter of the louvered panels and then filled in the rest.

Painting louvered doors.

The first coat went on quickly and I painted the second door while the other dried. Both doors got a light second coat. I wasn't going for perfection and let a bit of the original white show through for a bit of dimension and a weathered effect. After the second coat was dried I flipped the doors over and painted the back side of the doors in the blue/grey color.

First coat of paint applied.

French Linen Side:

DIY painted louvered doors from Habitat Restore.

I didn't have an s-hook handy to hang the wreath, so I just used a clothing hanger. I have a white wreath in the booth that will look great against the French Linen.

Louvered doors from Habitat Restore for a backdrop.

A closer look shows the original white showing through which creates a slightly weathered effect.

Weathered paint effect.

Reverse Side Blue & Gray

And for extra versatility in the booth, I painted the other side of the doors in a mix of blue and gray.

Louvered doors from Habitat Restore painted blue and gray.

I ended up keeping the doors at home for using as backdrops for some of my photo shoots. Eventually I took the doors to the booth, but I never had a chance to play with them to much there because they sold the same day!

Cheap and easy backdrop.

Thanks for stopping by The Black Sheep Shoppe today.

Learn how easy it is to create a thrifty backdrop.


Comments

  1. Very helpful! I too have a booth space that presents staging challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Select the NOTIFY ME box to receive a notification of a reply to your comment (yes, I do try to acknowledge all comments). There might be a publishing delay on older posts as they are moderated to reduce spam.

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts