French Inspired Side Table



This style of side table is one of my favorites. It has elegant lines with a scalloped edge and works well as either a side table or nightstand.

Its original condition was lackluster and scratched. I planned to paint the table and add a stenciled design.


I lightly sanded the piece before applying two coats of Graphite (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint).


Next I taped my stencil to the top. The stencil I choose is "Patisserie". I stippled some white over the stencil for my base color. Then to add more dimension, I dabbed some Rub-N-Buff pewter and gold over the white.


After the stenciled area was dry, I applied a coat of clear soft wax to the entire table and then applied highlights of gold to the edges.


I applied a small amount of dark wax to the top of the table to add some subtle variation.


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts