A Work in Progress

 A few minor repairs were necessary. The back of the piece had a hole in it. Although it isn't necessary to the function and won't be seen, I felt it was important to repair. Since my daughter is on a tight budget I used a piece of wood left over from another project to replace the damaged area (my husband did the actual repair -- thanks honey!). 

Damage to back of dresser.

The damaged section of the back of the dresser was cut away and replaced.


The chest had a few dings and scratches, most significantly a large scratch/gouge on the top. This was filled with wood filler and sanded. There were a few other minor dings and scratches which I did not repair as the finished product will have a lightly distressed finish, and I think normal wear-and-tear adds to the overall character of the piece.


Top of dresser with light distressing.



Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts