French Provincial Style Dresser


I just love this style of dresser! The curves! It's a 6-drawer French provincial style dresser and my guess is it is vintage 1960's or 1970's. These are fairly common to find in thrift stores, but to me the brown wood doesn't do the style justice.  I think paint is a great way to freshen up the look.





I like to use bold colors, but I need to balance that with what sells in my area. So I usually try to keep my projects at about 90% neutral and the remaining 10% I choose to use some color. So for this dresser I chose a neutral one-tone look in Old White. This works with many color schemes and is just so elegant.


This dresser has curves from top to bottom.


I added some light distressing around the edges and here-and-there to add some dimension and visual interest. The entire piece was finished with clear wax for a durable finish.

Curvy!

The handles are also painted in Old White.


I did some very light distressing to the handles so there is some contrast with the dresser, but the contrast is subtle and elegant.


If I find furniture with curvy legs then it's pretty much a foregone conclusion I will buy it. Aren't they gorgeous?


More curves at the bottom, too. What's not to love?


One last shot showing the Before and After side-by-side:


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts