Farmhouse Style Coffee Table


My initial plan was to paint the entire coffee table in all white and give it a distressed finish. However, the center of the top had something spilled on it that was slightly tacky and despite my best efforts I was unable to remove it with cleaning. So I removed the finish with my orbital sander and that did the trick.

Before. 

Removed finish with an orbital sander.

But then I decided to stain the center instead of painting it. I think it gives it a more casual feel -- what I would describe as country or farmhouse. I landed on "farmhouse" -- what do you think best describes the style?

I'm still on the fence as to whether to paint it all white or not. I really like this look, but I'm not sure if this style will sell in my booth, so I'll give it a month or two and if it doesn't sell, I'll repaint the top. I did lightly distress the painted areas and added a subtle crackle finish to the top edges. It's difficult to see in the photos, but if you click on the photos it should enlarge it enough for you to see the crackle.

Old White (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint) with PrairieWheat stain. 

Light distressing and a subtle crackle finish.



I love tables with extensions. They are great if you need extra room
when company comes over.


I've been blessed to have had a great sales streak in the last couple of months. But with that comes the re-stocking of inventory! I've been out searching and striking out here and there, but I've got a few leads that I'm hoping will pan out. I do have a couple of big projects tucked away that I'm still debating what I want to do with, so if I cannot locate more inventory soon, I'll be forced to start my other projects. That's not a bad thing, but I miss the thrill of a striking it rich with a great new find. I'll keep you updated!

Comments

Popular Posts