Simple Fix to Save "Paint Gone Bad"

Did you ever re-open a can of paint only to find an icky mess? That's what happened when I opened a leftover can of Louis Blue (ASCP) that I planned to use on my desk project. Ugh!


This problem is easily avoided in the first place by simply cleaning the lid and rim thoroughly when done painting.. I always do that. Except perhaps this one time. No worries though since it is easy to fix.

I secured a double layer of cheesecloth with a rubber-band to a new paint can. The empty paint can was a couple bucks from Home Depot. But I wonder if they carry them at the Dollar Store? I'll be sure to check the next time I'm there.


I let the paint strain through and the yucky parts were trapped in the cheesecloth.


Good as new!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts