New Projects! Chifferobe and Antique Table

Today I'm sharing with you a couple of new projects that I will be working on. I'll be out and about this weekend on the hunt for some more projects, too. Hopefully I will only find treats and not any tricks, ha ha.

Depression Era Chifferobe




This darling piece is a chifferobe which appears to be depression era. It's in rough shape mostly on the interior and will need some repairs and sprucing up.  I did purchase some new hardware for it already, and I'm excited to get started on it.




Antique Table and Chairs

The next project is an antique drop leaf table and four chairs. I believe it is from the mid-1800's, but I'm wondering if it could be even earlier. I need to inspect it further and do some more research to better determine its age.



I'm in the market for a table and chair set and was excited to pick this up from an online auction. And I am in LOVE with this set! I'm not going to paint it because it is so wonderful just the way it is. Typically the age of the piece doesn't stop me from painting it, but in this case I don't think painting it would improve it. It does have a few areas that will need some touch ups though.





The chairs are surprisingly sturdy considering their age. My photos don't do it justice, so you'll have to trust me that it is fabulous!









I'm hoping I can find a place to utilize this table in my home because I really don't want to sell it. I'll just have to wait and see -- maybe live with it for a while and then sell it? I'll put it on my "for sale" page just so my husband thinks that I'm planning on selling it. Or I'll list it in my Etsy shop and price it at a bazillion dollars -- "Sorry dear It just isn't selling, so I guess we'll have to keep it", ha ha.

The craftsmanship is charming and it is just so full of history. I'll have to keep looking for another set that is better suited for a true makeover.


Stay tuned for the before and afters. . .


Popular Posts