A Few New Projects

I've been avoiding shopping for furniture lately. My booth is fairly full of furniture. My house is full of furniture. I have a few projects that need to be finished. I have finished projects that I need to list for sale. But apparently I've been moping around the house, so my husband took me to a thrift store this weekend and I found a few pieces that I can easily squeeze in! There's nothing like the thrill of the hunt and the anticipation of planning a new look for lifting my spirits!

I immediately fell in love with this antique twin bed. The veneer is in bad shape. I considered trying to restore it, but it would be time consuming and I don't think I could sell it for enough to make it worth my while. So it will go under the paint brush. It will still be a lot of work, because beds are time consuming to paint. But it will be so pretty when it's done! 

Antique twin bed
Antique bed with side rails and slats.

Next I found a vintage wood chair. Oh how I wished there were two, but the price was right, so I'll figure out something to do with it. I need a desk chair and although this isn't exactly what I had it mind, I think it might work.

Vintage wood chair
Vintage wood chair.

I'm not really sure if this is a side table or not, but that's what I'm calling it for now. It's a little bit large for a side table, but I loved the three tiers of shelves. I thought it would work great in an office for storing supplies. Or even a kitchen for a small microwave, coffee station, or storing large mixing bowls. I have a fresh new can of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Greek Blue, so this might be the piece that I use it on.

Three tiered side table.
Three tiered side table.
So now that I have a few new projects to work on, I need to get busy and get some of my other projects sold. So I will focus this week on getting my other projects finished and listed for sale so I can start on my new projects. (That's a big fat lie. I'm already starting on my new projects.)

Looking over my stock of paints.
Looking over my stock of paints.

Mixing test samples of paint colors.
Mixing test samples of paint colors.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!


Post a Comment

Popular Posts