In Progress: Secretary Desk

It might be a little crazy, but I'm trying to squeeze in a project in the middle of the holiday festivities. I've had this secretary desk on my to-do list for a long time.

Secretary Desk
Secretary Desk

It's been sitting in the corner of my living room for many years and has turned into a catch-all for some of my supplies, random papers, and anything else that doesn't have a specific home. And a serious amount of loose change was found as evidenced by the mason jar that I filled with the coins I found!

Empty out the desk prior to the makeover
Emptied out and ready for a makeover
I emptied the desk of all the junk and miscellaneous items and decided it was time to get busy working on it. There's nothing like a fresh new finish to deter oneself from using it as a junk drawer.

Applying the new paint color
Applying the new paint color
I painted the secretary desk indoors, but I needed to take it outdoors to sand it. However, the temperatures plummeted into single digits, and it was way too cold to work outdoors, so I had to pause the project. Luckily we had one warm day this weekend and I was able to re-start the project. I need to finish applying the wax to seal the paint. I'll share the "after" pictures soon along with my plans of how to make the desk more functional for my home.

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season, and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts