Window Seat Bench

I gave this window seat bench a beachy coastal feel.

I found this window seat bench the day after I returned from a vacation at the beach. I was in the mood to give something a coastal look and felt this was the perfect piece.



The "before" wasn't horrible, but it did have some dings and scrapes in the wood. And it is made of wood; however, it is a more modern piece that was manufactured in China. It's well made and sturdy, but it is also light compared to some of the heavier vintage pieces. And after hauling some really heavy pieces, it was a relief to work on something a little less heavy!

Before

The color scheme I choose is Provence and Old White (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint).

Provence and Old White and white wax.

My favorite part of the piece is the oh-so-charming hardware on the door.

Hardware painted in Old White.

I applied a few coats of white wax (ASCP) over the blue. The white wax is especially subtle and took a few applications to get the look I was going for. I found that it was best to work more slowly with the white wax and give it time to set before wiping it off and blending it in. After waiting a day I applied a coat of clear wax.

White wax applied over the blue.

The front of the cabinet opens up and reveals plenty of storage space. Initially I planned to paint the interior, but after thinking about how it might be used for tossing in shoes or sports equipment, I decided to leave it as-is.

Plenty of storage!

It's not real obvious in the photos, but part of my staging included a bracelet that I bought from a shop while on vacation. The blue was the inspiration for the color scheme of the window seat.

The bracelet I bought on my beach vacation was my inspiration for the window seat bench.

It's been a hectic summer of traveling here and there, and while it's fun to go places, it also good to be back home again. I hope you are enjoying your summer, too!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts