1940's Vanity in Scandinavian Pink

Vintage 1940s vanity painted in Scandinavian Pink

The vanity was made circa 1940's, give or take a few years. It was manufactured by the Globe-Bosse-World Furniture Corporation in Evansville, Indiana. According to the Vanderburgh County Historical Society's website, the company was formed as a merger of three major companies in 1910 and was later destroyed by a fire in 1946. The majority of their operations ended following the fire, although a limited amount of furniture was manufactured until the early 1960's.

Unfortunately, the vanity was missing the mirror. However, a separate mirror could be hung on a wall as a substitute. Otherwise, I think it would make a great desk or a craft table.

Before

Globe - Bosse - World Furniture Corporation label.

I choose a color scheme of Scandinavian Pink and Old Ochre with French Linen on the top.


I initially painted the top Old Ochre, but it didn't look right to me, so I switched it to French Linen.


I applied heavy distressing throughout to give it a bit of an edgier look and avoid being too sweet.



I added new knobs to each of the drawers.


The vanity sits on a total of eight wooden wheels.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts