New Finds Waiting for a Second Chance

I just returned from vacation and was fortunate to find a couple of new projects upon my return. I'll be working on these this week.

Vintage Dresser

This dresser is circa early 1900's. I haven't picked up a piece in this rough of shape for a long time. It took forever (over an hour) just to clean off all the dust and grime.




Since it's in such rough shape it will require some repairs first. I'm kicking around some different design plans for this piece.  I might go out on a limb and do something fun with the design.


Window Seat Bench

I'm not sure if this is called a window seat or a window bench, so I'm calling it a window seat bench. My husband said it was a media cabinet, but it's actually perfect for storage.


The front panel opens out. It will work great in a mudroom or entryway to corral lots of shoes and other gear.


 But what I really love about it is the sweet hardware. Which is why I bought it!


I've already started working on it and it's almost done. I'll finish it up today and post the final project hopefully later this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts