Birdhouse Flip :-)


I picked this birdhouse up at a thrift store a while back. I can't find the original "before" picture, but it had some painted blue flowers on it that were reminiscent of the 1980's. I couldn't decide what to do with it, so it's been collecting dust in my craft closet. 




I sanded off the painted design to get a smooth surface and then spray painted it white so I could start with a clean slate. I didn't have a particular plan in mind, so I decided to start with some leftover paint and let the project develop from there.


I painted the base Antoinette Pink and the roof Pure White. It's a great color combination but it was too plain, so I decided to add a door using wood trim which I cut to size and then ironed on. Easy-peasy. 






I painted some craft sticks in white and then cut to size to form windows and trim which I applied with a hot glue gun. I cut the ends of some large craft sticks to form shingles and then painted the shingles and the door in Paris Grey.




Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts