New Projects


I've been focused this month on re-stocking my inventory. It's not always as easy as going to the store and finding what I need. Sometimes I hit the jackpot and other times it's a miss. Today I'm sharing a few pieces that I purchased recently.



Antique Dresser

I bought this dresser at an auction. The finish doesn't look bad in the photo, but it's actually in horrible condition which makes it a perfect candidate for paint. But further inspection of the construction leads me to believe the dresser was made in the mid 1800's. Which makes me reluctant to paint it.

But a full restoration is beyond my area of expertise, and at the end of the day I don't think I would be able to make a profit going that route. So this project will sit around for a while until I come up with a game plan. Suggestions are welcome. . .
Antique dresser circa 1840 - 1850.

Antique Rocking Chair

This sweet rocking chair has a pressed back which was common during the period 1870 - 1920. It's been painted at least a couple of times in the past and the pressed back design has all but worn away. I already started working on this piece and will post "after" photos soon.


Antique pressed back rocking chair. Circa 1870 - 1920.

Child's Rocking Chair

I cannot resist a rocking chair! This little chair doesn't look too sweet as-is, but my plan is to have it look as sweet as cotton candy.
Vintage child's rocking chair.

Drop Leaf Side Table

The harp design on this table drew me in. It was manufactured by John M. Smyth Furniture in Chicago most like mid-century. It looks like the previous owner started stripping the paint and then gave up. And trust me when I say that I'm not judging them as I can relate, ha ha. But underneath the paint is not the gorgeous wood one hopes to find. So I'll need to finish stripping the top and then paint the whole piece.
Drop-leaf side table with harp design. Circa mid century.

Cedar Chest

And last but not least is a vintage blanket chest. The interior is lined in cedar which is in excellent condition. However, the exterior finish is not in good condition. But it's a solid piece and it should last for many years to come.
Vintage blanket chest. Interior lined with cedar.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts