Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I took this Bench Back to the Drawing Board



The bench I previously painted in Chateau Grey and Scandinavian Pink hasn't sold. Frankly, there was very little interest in this piece, as in zero, zip, zilch, nada. I really liked it the color scheme, but I decided at the end of the day it might have been too specific. Of course I had the option to simply lower the price, but my prices are fairly rock bottom to begin with, so in the end I decided to apply a more neutral color scheme and see if that does the trick.

Before: Original finish.
First re-do:  Chateau Grey and Scandinavian Pink
I covered the Chateau Grey with 2 coats of Old White, but left the pink on the underneath and sides. I lightly sanded the white to reveal hints of the Chateau Grey on the edges of the slats. I sealed the new paint with soft wax, however, if the bench is used outdoors it will need a few coats of polyurethane.

Personally, I liked the previous color scheme better, but I think the new color scheme would work better for a wider audience. Actually, it works well on my deck, so if it doesn't sell this time that's exactly where it's going to go.







Dimensions: 48" wide x 18" deep x 16" high.
Post a Comment