Vintage Wood Chairs


Before
These chairs went from bright-and-crazy to calm-and-serene. Not that there's anything wrong with bright and crazy, but the paint wasn't holding up so they definitely needed a fresh finish. The chairs were purchased as part of a set with the Vintage Occasional Table.  However, they were not original to the set, so I decided to split the set up.

My dilemma was I sure didn't want to strip the paint. Partly because I was feeling lazy, but also because I didn't think I could charge enough for the chairs to make it worth my while to invest the time to strip the paint. So I decided sand off the areas with peeling paint and then simply apply a fresh coat of paint and soft wax.

The chairs are painted in Versailles and Old White. I think they will look lovely with a vintage table; so now I'm on the lookout for just the right table to pair these with.

I've finished up quite a few projects recently, but haven't had time to add them to the blog -- more projects to come soon!

After
(flowers in background were from my
daughter and son-in-law for Mother's Day!)







Post a Comment

Popular Posts