Project for Leftover Paint



What to do with that tiny bit of paint left in the can that's not quite enough for a big project? Here's one example of a project that is good for using up the last bits of paint.

Did you notice the floral framed print in the background of the china cabinet photo from my previous blog post? It was a thrift store find for just a couple of dollars.


The bright colors of the flowers captured my attention. But the gold frame was worn and it had a dated look.


Here's a close up of some of the wear and tear on the frame:


I painted the frame with two coats of Old White. Next I lightly distressed the paint and then added soft wax to seal the finish.



Now it has a more feminine look and the flowers are the focal point.


I was in between big projects this week, so I worked on some smaller projects to take to the booth. I'm getting ready to start working on the Jenny Lind bed (which has a LOT of spindles). I'm not looking forward to so many spindles, but then again I'm excited to get it done! I hope you enjoy a beautiful weekend.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts