Decorative Bird Cage


I work on smaller projects in between larger projects. Mainly because I can price them lower which results in quicker sales that help pay the monthly booth rent. If I could simply "flip" an item I will do that, but I tend to be attracted to items that I think could use a makeover.

Before

I snatched this decorative bird cage up recently from a thrift store. It was very dusty and although the green paint wasn't horrible, I felt it could benefit from an update.
I just started painting before I remembered
to snap the "before" picture!

After

I decided on a shabby chic theme and used white for the base with Versailles for the leaves and subtle hints of pink on the decorative hearts around the bottom of the cage. I worked with the previous paint color by allowing it to peek through on the leaves by distressing the Versailles paint with sand paper. I sealed the paint with clear Mod Podge.

I think there was a little too much back light when I shot the "after" photos, so unfortunately not all the details are clear, but I think you'll get the general idea. Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your week.









Post a Comment

Popular Posts