Cream and Blue Dresser



I walked right on by this dresser, but my husband spotted it and called me back to take a another look. It's a little more modern that what usually draws me in, but he sure has an eye for picking out great pieces!


Before: Scorch mark on top of dresser

It is a 3 drawer dresser manufactured by Stanley Furniture. Overall the condition is excellent except for what appears to be a scorch mark on the top. The top two drawers have drawer stops which prevents the drawers from falling on your toes, but it also prevents removing the drawers for painting. There might be a trick to it, but I couldn't figure it out and didn't want to break the drawer stops. Speaking of broken, the bottom drawer stop was already broken, so it is removable; nevertheless, the broken stop doesn't affect the function of the dresser.



I painted the base of the dresser in Aubusson Blue. The top and drawers are painted in Cream. Instead of distressing the finish I left the edges of the drawers unfinished to add highlights. I think the color scheme complements both the shape of the dresser as well as the original hardware. I think it will be perfect for a little boy's room, but it would work just as well for a girl. The colors aren't the typical "kid colors", so it would work well for grownups, too.





Dimensions: 30" wide x 18" deep x 30" high.
Post a Comment

Popular Posts