Birdhouse - Micro Project #1


What a cute little birdhouse! It was another fun project I worked on in between other larger projects. Small projects are a great way to use up left over paint and also to practice using new techniques. In lieu of distressing I practiced refining my use of dark wax and love the way it gives subtle dimension to the colors. 

I transferred some adorable graphics from PrimitiveCrafting.com. I used her primitive stars and a bird holding a star. She offers a number of free transfers. Be sure to check out her website for transfers and other projects.




Before. I think the cashier thought I was overpaying for this! But it was only 50 cents!

After: front

After: back

After: side

After: side 2

Not bad for 50 cents! It will look great on a shelf or as part of a larger display.




2 comments

Popular Posts