Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Upcoming Projects for September

My new booth has been up and running for one month. Sales were better than I initially anticipated and I exceeded my sales target for the first month! OK I admit my sales target figures were REALLY low, ha ha. So it wasn't too hard to beat. Hey I'm new at this whole thing. In any event, a big THANK YOU to all my customers!

I am finishing a couple of pieces to place in the booth for September and have a few more in the pipeline. Click on the video to see some sneak peaks.

VIDEO NOTE: I had technical difficulties with synchronizing the audio. It plays fine on my device until it's converted to video. On the video the music cuts short, so just hum along for the remainder of the video and everything will be just fine.

video



  • Vintage Writing Desk - completed; waiting for photo shoot. 
  • Bookcase - in process; I am painting it Primer Red with black accents. (I forgot to take a "before" picture, darn it.)
  • Telephone Table aka Gossip Bench - Waiting for inspiration. I was going to take the easy road and leave the upholstery but the color is not my favorite and I'm not sure if it will sell as-is. I have never re-upholstered anything before, but I think it's time to take the plunge and give it a try. I'm not sure what look to give the piece -- something traditional or a more contemporary look?
  • Side Table - Kicking around the idea of painting it a custom color mix.
  • Depression-era China Cabinet - This is a beauty! It's a big piece with lots of details, but it also requires lots of minor repairs. The wood is very dark which will more than likely cause the tannin in the wood to bleed through, so it will also require multiple coats of shellac prior to painting. I plan to paint both the interior and exterior. The estimated completion time is 1-2 weeks. Still debating what color to paint this gorgeous piece!

Post a Comment