Four Seasons Folk Art





I love, love, love these prints! This is set of 4 framed prints by artist Dianna Swartz. They look beautiful hung together or separately to mark the changing of the seasons.

I picked them up from a local historical society fundraising sale. The prints are in excellent condition, but the frames didn't match. I painted the frames to give them a more cohesive look.

R & R - Repaired and Refurbished


I filled the holes in each frame and painted all the frames black for a unified look. That looked good, but I thought it was flat, so decided to add more dimension by dry brushing multiple layers using graphite black and primer red. As I was working on the frames and later taking photos, they started to tug at my heart strings, and I fell in love with them all over again!

Before: Holes were drilled all the way through the front of the frame.

During: The holes were filled and then I added multiple layers of Graphite Black and Primer Red using a dry brush technique.

The finished product.



Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts